Clinical Masters™ Program in Implant Dentistry
San Diego: April 16-21, 2018, San Diego: May 21-26, 2018,
Las Vegas: June 25-30,
2018, a total of 18 days on location
Learn from the very best:
Dr. Louie Al-Faraje literally defined and authored the art of Oral Implantology. As a leading authority, he created many classifications…
Renzo C. Casellini
Renzo C. Casellini, a Master Dental Technologist, received his education in Switzerland, Where his family has been dynamically involved in…
Philip J. Kroll
Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Graduated from the University of southern Cal., 1986. Private practice Ventura, California….
BASICS OF ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY
San Diego: April 16-21, 2018
Session Objectives: During the first session of this comprehensive hands-on implant training program the following topics are covered:
Anatomy, bone physiology, patient evaluation for implant treatment, risk factors, vertical & horizontal spaces of occlusion, bone density, step-by-step implant surgical placement protocols including immediate and osteotome techniques, impression techniques, restorative steps for implant crown and bridge and more.
Hands-on workshops are performed by the class and live surgery demonstrations by faculty.
- Recognize and describe the impact of complete and partial edentulism on hard and soft tissue, on the esthetic and the psychology of the patient.
- Understand the history of dental implants.
- Define the different types of dental implants.
- Optimize the patient selection, case presentation and informed consent process.
- Demonstrate and conduct complete dental history and clinical evaluation of implant patients.
- Classify and define different implant prosthesis.
- Learn all of the maxillary and mandibular anatomical landmarks and their radiographic assessment prior to implant placement.
- Recognize and describe different types of bone density.
- Describe the step-by-step protocol for the one and the two-stage surgical implant placement.
- Learn the guidelines for optimal implant placement for function and esthetics.
- Determine the proper implant depth during surgical placement of implants in different clinical situations.
- Learn the ideal implant size in each tooth location.
- Understand the minimum vertical and horizontal restorative spaces
- Learn the selection process and how to fabricate surgical templates with different designs for each specific surgical indication.
- Learn the indications, the guidelines and the protocol for immediate implant insertion technique.
- Identify and utilize the 30 key principles for predictable implant surgical placement.
- Understand the proper postoperative follow-up protocol after implant surgery.
- Learn the step by step technique for socket grafting
- Classify and define all four types of the bone grafting materials (Autograft, allograft, xenograft and alloplast)
- Learn the technique and the indications for the open-tray and the closed-tray implant impression techniques.
- Recognize and describe the indications for soft tissue model in implant dentistry.
- Learn the step-by-step technique for fixed implant prosthesis delivery.
- Understand the principals of oral sedation and the protocol for the use of oral sedatives prior to implant surgical procedures.
- Learn the benefits of good communication practices between the doctor, patient and the laboratory.
- Implant terminology
- Classification of implant prosthesis
- Bone density
- Step by step implant placement protocols
- Hands – on surgical training
- Optimal implant positioning
- Vertical and Horizontal restorative spaces
- Surgical Anatomy
- Osteotome implant placement technique
- Immediate insertion technique & protocol
- CT interpretation
- Socket Grafting
- Impression Technique
- Abutment Seclection criteria
- Evaluation of the implant patient
- Protocol for implant treatment planning
- 66 Risk Factors
- Rules and tips in Implant Prosthodontics
- Oral Sedation / Halcion®
- Rational for implant treatment
- Cost for implant prosthesis
Experience the MOST comprehensive
implant training program
San Diego: May 21-26, 2018
Session Objectives: During session II, computer guided implant placement and restoration using SimPlant® Software, immediate load techniques for single and full arch cases, Sinus augmentation through the osteotomy site, biology of osseointegration, and mini implants will be discussed. Implant prosthodontics for the fully edentulous patients using locator over-denture, high-water design, Bar over-denture and CAD/CAM design will highlight the prosthetic portion of this session.
Hands-on workshops are performed by the class.
- Understand the use of computer-aided evaluation to optimize diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Learn how to perform a computer-aided treatment planning and the process and the protocol of ordering computer-generated surgical guides and performing computer-guided implant surgery.
- Appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of all 3 types of the computer-generated surgical guides (tooth-supported, soft tissue- supported and bone-supported).
- Appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of the immediate implant placement in conjunction with natural tooth extraction.
- Learn the step-by-step technique and protocol of single implant immediate load
- Learn the step-by-step technique and protocol of multi-unit and full arch implant immediate load
- Recognize and describe the indications for sinus lifting procedure thru the osteotomy site.
- Recognize and describe the indications for the use of narrow-diameter implants in fixed and removable prosthetic situations.
- Perform narrow-platform implant placement procedures for fixed and removable prostheses on models.
- Learn the indications, the guidelines and the protocol for flapless implant insertion technique.
- Understand the comprehensive care and treatment that a restorative dentist can provide to patients.
- Discuss and describe treatment plan options for partially and completely edentulous patients who desire fixed or removable restorations with adequate bone volume.
- Learn the laboratory and the clinical indications and protocol for the fabrication, the delivery and postoperative follow-up for the Ball/Locator overdenture prosthesis.
- Learn the laboratory and the clinical indications and protocol for the fabrication, the delivery and postoperative follow-up for the bar-overdenture prosthesis.
- Learn the laboratory and the clinical indications and protocol for the fabrication, the delivery and postoperative follow-up for the high-water implant prosthesis.
- Learn the principles of the dental articulator
- Recognize and describe the indications for soft and hard tissue reduction at the maxillary tuberosity area
- Understand the principles of osseointegration.
- Describe and treat the complications of root form surgery.
- Learn the biomechanical approach to implant treatment planning.
- Learn the most common causes of prosthetic complications in implant dentistry.
- Appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of cement-retained restorations vs. the advantages and disadvantages of screw-retained restorations.
- Computer Guided Implant Dentistry
- Immediate Load for single/multi-unit prosthesis
- Immediate Load for full arch prosthesis & the All-on-four technique (principles & protocol
- Osstell (with demonstration on a model)
- Sinus lifting procedure through the osteotomy site
- Second stage surgery (including Palacci techniques)
- Flapless implant placement protocol
- Ball/Locator overdenturei
- Bar Overdenture
- CAD/CAM implant prosthesis
- Narrow diameter implants / Mini implants
- The biology and histology of osseointegration
Master your surgical
and prosthetic implant skills
ADVANCED IMPLANT TECHNIQUES
Las Vegas: June 25-30, 2018
Session Objectives: Advanced implant surgical techniques covered in this session include: alveolar ridge expansion using split cortical technique, guided bone regeneration and bone grafting before, during and after implant placement. Hands-on pig jaw suturing and bone grafting workshops using regenerative materials are performed by the class and live surgery demonstrations by faculty. The restorative portion of this session will focus on Biomechanical principles, biomaterials and implant occlusion. This session will include full day lecture on pharmacology in oral implantology.
- Recognize the keys to Bone Grafting in order to obtain predictable results.
- Learn the principals and the protocol of Guided Bone Regeneration using resorbable bone grafting martial with resorbable and/or non-resorbable membranes.
- Describe the proper technique for bone site development prior to graft and membrane placement involved in particulate bone grafting.
- Learn the proper technique of using rh BMP-2 / ACS bone grafting material along with a titanium mesh.
- Differentiate and utilize various bone graft materials
- Recognize the importance and learn how to obtain growth factors in conjunction with particulate bone grafting prior to implant placement.
- Perform GBR procedures (using membrane particulate bone grafts and membrane) on laboratory models.
- Describe the indications for different suturing Techniques in Oral Implantology
- Perform GBR procedures and suturing techniques on pig-jaws.
- Describe and understand the pharmacologic protocol for implant surgery.
- Learn the different surgical techniques to enhance the soft tissue profile around implants in the esthetics zone.
- Learn the indications and the surgical technique of alveolar ridge expansion procedure
- Learn the indications and the surgical technique of nasal floor elevation procedure
- Learn the indications and the surgical technique of the incisive canal deflation procedure
- Recognize and learn how to apply occlusal concepts to implant fixed and removable restorations.
- Learn the anatomic landmarks related to the sinus bone augmentation procedure.
- Recognize the preoperative pathologies involving the maxillary sinus and learn the pharmacology protocol and the steps for the proper referral when indicated.
- Describe and classify the maxillary septa and learn the proper protocol for sinus bone grafting procedure when septa exist.
- Learn how to use the CT technology for preoperative diagnosis of the sinus anatomy and pathology.
- Learn the step-by-step technique for sinus bone grafting procedure.
- Learn the most common causes of the intra-surgical and post-surgical complications in sinus bone grafting procedure.
- Recognize the advantages for bone block graft vs. the use of particulate bone grafts for large defects.
- Understand the relationship between hard and soft tissue architecture as it relates to bone grafting.
- Identify and utilize the 20 key principles for predictable bone grafting.
- Recognize and learn how to prevent and treat block bone grafting complications.
- Alveolar Ridge Expansion of the Maxilla using split-cortical technique
- Suturing Techniques in Oral Implantology
- Hands–on Suturing Lab (Pig jaw)
- Sinus augmentation through the lateral window (all day)
- Hands-on training
- Guided Bone Regeneration
- rh-BMP-2/ACS INFUSE® bone grafting material
- CT Treatment Planning training (with attendees participation)
- Block grafting (allograft blocks)
- LIVE surgeries (all day)
- Pharmacology and medical problems in Implant dentistry
- New Techniques in Implant prosthodontics lab technology (all day)
- Implant Prosthodontics (implant-protective occlusion)
- Nasal floor elevation with video surgery
- Basics of esthetics in Implant Dentistry
- 20 Key principles for LONG-term successt
- Decision making in bone augmentation procedures
- Three 6-days classroom sessions
- Hands-on workshops
- Live surgery demonstrations
- Course manual
- Literature review
- Special product discounts
- Online education module
- A set of 25 surgical DVDs
- 300 CE Credit
- Certification from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
This activity has been planed and implemented by the CII and UNLV.
San Diego: April 16-21, 2018, San Diego: May 21-26, 2018,
Las Vegas: June 25-30, 2018, a total of 18 days on location
Course fee: $15,900.00 for the full program
Request More Details
Think of enrolling in our Clinical MastersTM Programs but would like to know more details? Leave us your questions and we’ll get back to you in no time with all the information that you need
Chat With Us
You can also reach our team via the built in chat system of the website. Get answers to your questions in real time by by clicking the "Hello" button at the bottom right of the page.
Need urgent assistance? We’re here to help. Click here to get in touch with our team over the phone, we’ll be more than happy to speak to you.